Saturday, June 19, 2010

Moonlit Days

I have a lot to say... and I'll start with my post titles. No doubt you've wondered about that. I like doing poetry; which is mainly very abstract, and sounds completely irrelevant. Moonlit Days? Of all things. I don't do very much much poetry, though. I'll post a Romeo & Juliet poem I did for school. It's kind of strange.. I might work on a poem throughout this poem, and I'll add it in at the end. So, following that, I'm working on doing something else that is abstract. It's a music video to the song 'Human' by The Killers. It's going to be kind of abstract; mostly live clips of things like dripping faucets. And wind whipping through someone's hair, that kind of thing. I like the song, because you can really put your own meaning into the lyrics. I don't think that in all terms; but it has a very loose meaning, close to none at all.
I don't really want to just ramble; but I seriously don't have much of anything else to do. I have nothing to do. Seriously. I'm timing how long it takes to write by listening to a a playlist of Taylor Swift songs. I'd much rather be at the Ikea. I'm supposed to be getting a bedframe from there.
The way ashes fall
After a fire
Voices ring out in the night,
lost, confused
Hope is not gone.

The way tears stream
Down your face
Crowds of faceless people,
bitter, angry
Hope is not gone.

The way waves lap
At a shipwreck
Sailors row lifeboats,
lifeless, dull
Hope is not gone.
The way moonlight shines
On broken glass
A figure stands in the window,
grief, loss
Hope is not gone.

The way you stand
Head held high
Insults lost on you,
hope, warmth
Once lost,
but found,
You are the hope.
I'm not sure how good a poem that is; but I think it's fairly okay. I'm going to try and post once a week. So next Friday, or Saturday, I'll post again.
-Camille & Co.
P.S. Comments are highly appreciated. :P And I appreciate that Gris-Gris isn't being made fun of.. that's what many other people do.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem. I wish I could write as well as that. As soon as you finish your first book, I'll be first in line to buy it. You have an amazing writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I absolutely love that poem, especially the last stanza. You have a great writing style. I really enjoyed reading it, it has kind of mysterious tone to me. I'm not sure if that's what you were aiming for, but that's kind of what I think of.

    How could we make fun of Gris-Gris? That's a neat photo, too, I love the colours of the grass and the scarf, and the textures are wonderful! Mia is beautiful up at the top, too.

    ReplyDelete