Friday, February 19, 2010

February the Nineteenth

Today, Friday, February the Nineteenth, it is my friend A.'s Birthday. A very Happy Birthday to her... and Best Wishes. Moving on.... as you've noticed; my friend's Julie, my Ruthie and Nicki posted for Valentine's dayome pictures did not show up, sadly. Therefore I shall show thee. Undoubtedly, thy pictures are not amazing. In other words; I am being sligh
tly random at the moment, hmm. Well I suppose we'll continue thus far. I shall tell you about dearest Milly. [Pictured below is Milly's twin brother, Gris-Gris.] Milly, who I am slightly uncertain is possible to find now, first entered my life at the semi-annual
[Gris-Gris's Note: 'Semi' meaning sometimes every year, sometimes every two years.]
- Ganz Warehouse Sale. I was digging through an 'As is' bin, looking for plush snowmen and such trinkets. I pulled out, luckily enough, an adorable gray-and-cream kitty. I, at the time, had forgotten about Gris-Gris, who was hidden away in a time capsule created in the fourth grade. I picked her up, and could not bear to put her down, I didn't know what I would do if some hobbly oldpackrat-grandmother picked her up as a hamster-chew-toy. I went digging through some other bins and found Cinnamon, a slightly disproportianate, but still cute, little cocker-spaniel. I promptly purchased the both of them, as they were one dollar each, and so lovely.
I came to love the two of them and, to my great regrets, tookthem everywhere with me; and my camera. Seeing this... at a hockey game in a small town and hour away from my home, I lost my beloved camera. And darling Milly and Cinnamon...
So that, is my sad, tearful, story.
-Camille
P.S. I've decided to try and post twice a week. I'd really appreciate it if you comment all my posts; by the way. Every month I'll do 'From the Files of HalfMoonLily', a Picture Story, I forget what else, -style posts, so please stay tuned :D.

[Gris-Gris's Note: Check the Link to HalfMoonLily's (Camille's) YouTube. She has a new video up of her artwork.]

3 comments:

  1. What a coincidence, I know two people who also have birthdays on Friday the nineteenth. Happy Birthday to your friend! :D

    I love the picture of Julie & Gris Gris is so cute! I hope you are able to find Milly & Cinnamon.

    ~Starr~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your friend! I hope she has a good day.

    The pictures are great, I really like them.

    Oh, that story is so sad. I hope you're able to find Milly and Cinnamon! :(

    -Avery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your friend!

    I hope that you can find Milly and Cinnamon. Do you know anyone in that town who you could ask to look for them for you? They might have ended up in a Lost and Found connected to the hockey game.

    Gris-Gris is very cute! That picture reminds me a bit of the Snugglepup photos on Flickr, have you ever seen them?
    :)
    ~Sitara

    ReplyDelete